Yes! Melissahof poultry are certified under the USDA Animal & Plant Health Inspection Service National Poultry Improvement Program (NPIP) as clean from pullorum-typhoid and H5/H7 avian influenza. Under NPIP, hatching eggs from breeds represented at Melissahof can be shipped to most US states, including Alaska and Hawai’i. There are some states that require additional permits and animal health testing. If you reside in Florida, Maine, Minnesota, North Dakota or Texas, please contact Melissa prior to ordering hatching eggs.
At Melisssahof, Melissa knows that you want to be a poultry fancier – those who appreciate the beauty, personality and utility of the chicken. In order to do that, you need healthy chickens. It is difficult to located hatching eggs from quality standardbred poultry, which is annoying and frustrating. Melissa believes that you deserve quality hatching eggs to raise and preserve heritage breeds in your flock.
For your happy flock, you need hearty stock, which is why Melissa selects breeding stock according to the standard of perfection. Melissahof breedings hens and roosters are refined by the pastured life in the Wyoming wilds.
Here’s how to fancy your flock:
- Order your hatching eggs.
- Melissa will schedule shipment with you.
- You set the eggs in your incubator or under a broody hen.
To enter the fancy, order now. And, in the meantime, learn the history of the heritage breeds represented by Melissahof: the Buckeye, Dominique, Blue-laced Red Wyandotte and Salmon Faverolles.
Stop feeding low-production chickens. Instead raise poultry suited that will feed your family while you contribute to heritage breed preservation.
The foam shippers that Melissahof stocks hold 14 eggs each. Hatching eggs are shipped out of Lander, Wyoming 82520 via the US Postal Service on Mondays or Tuesdays to avoid them sitting in a US Post Office over a weekend.
- Melissahof is unable to guarantee the hatchability of any eggs due to conditions outside of Melissa’s control during shipping and incubation.
- Melissahof does guarantee that your eggs will be shipped fresh and in excellent condition.
- All hatching eggs are shipped prepaid US Priority Mail, categorized as fragile, and are insured. Open the box(es) that contain your hatching eggs at your Post Office and report any damaged eggs to your Post Office or delivery driver, including separated chalazae.
Currently, Melissahof hatching eggs and live poultry cannot be shipped to Canada. Also, Melissahof does not ship live poultry – baby chicks or started pullets – outside of Wyoming.
Delivery within Wyoming for live poultry and hatching eggs is available through the EatWyoming.com local food hub. For this option, select Eat Wyoming shipping when you check out. Read more about this Wyoming delivery option here.